By providing the earliest comprehensive look at annual giving year over year, the Charitable Giving Report helps organizations benchmark their performance and guide their fundraising strategies for the upcoming year and beyond.
Across the world, 2017 was a year defined by change and uncertainty. As the landscape was shaped by political divides, natural disasters, and tense reform, questions have swirled around how philanthropy was affected. Our 2017 Charitable Giving Report is the first comprehensive report to hit the market and begin answering these questions through data. With nearly $30 billion in fundraising data powering its findings, this sixth annual report is one of the most credible resources on fundraising performance in the social good community.
Key findings include:
- Overall giving grew approximately 4.1% in 2017 compared to 2016
- Online giving grew 12.1% in 2017 compared to 2016
- Online donations made up 7.6% of all fundraising in 2017
- #GivingTuesday donations we up 28% in 2017
- Over 21% of online donations were made on a mobile device in 2017